17 April 2011

Ares revisited

SCANLATIONS FINALLY FINISHED.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you A Team. I've visited their website so many times (follow quite a bit of their other series too) that it's the first on the dropdown when I type "i" xD

Original thoughts and other info about the manga is back in this post, but I'm sure I've blabbed about it enough throughout the years. In case I haven't, it's amaaaaaaaaaazing! Most people get turned off by the art, but it gets cleaner as it progresses. The story's good up until Icarus leads the invasion to some island, then it just turns into the most awesome thing.

...spoilers below.

Climax would be the Mikael arc, mainly cause no one ever thought that Ares/Mikael/Baroona would get split up. You never split up the leading trio! T___T" The execution of it was beautiful though, I bet EVERYONE that read the conclusion to the arc was deeply moved, if you didn't you have no heart! T__T
Main three aside, Icarus is my favourite 2D guy <3 Soooo charismatic. I wish I was a tenth good of a leader as he is. Too bad he didn't make an appearance in the final volume, would have been perfect if he just financed the rebuilding of the temple mercenaries.

The general ending was great as well, all the important loose ends were all neatly tied up. My only 2 complains would be Kirus was kinda just there... and that the showdown with the Red Eye Swordsman could have been more epic.

But all is good cause:

Ares in a tuxedo lolololol. Ariadne looks so pretty in the LBD as well *u*

...
on second though, I think I should elaborate on why I like this series so much. Mainly boils down to two reasons:

1. All the characters have depth, even the ones that Ares fights and kills off in two chapters. You sympathize with the opponent, but at the same time you know he's gotta die. It's like being the judge of an argument between two people who can each only see one side of the coin. Go read the Mikael arc and you'll understand @_@"

2. War isn't glorified, in fact plenty of the bad and ugly is shown. It's not terribly depressing either, plenty of light heartedness is injected there and here. Again refer to the Mikael arc (it's a masterpieceeee) xD

haaaaaappy bubble~

2 comments:

melody said...

omfg i never realized how hard manga peeps worked until i read SCANlations
e________________________________________________________________e

Weej said...

LOL
lot more than 3 hours of blood, sweat and tears.