30 October 2017

keen

I swear to not make a new dish at night again, not worth struggling with horrendous lighting. It makes me sad to present such a bad photo of such a yummy dish:

Squash pasta with braised greens + egg! 

The squash pasta is by no means an original recipe, but rather I came up with my version first and then found out that it's actually quite common. This time made with butter and leeks, which smells amazing while cooking. I regret all the previous times I've disregarded potato and leek soup now. Leeks are amazing. The greens recipe is via Bon Appetit, and made with literally something labeled greens at Sainsbury plus some beet stems that add nice color. I've also come to appreciate a softish boiled egg with a drop of soy sauce, actually liking it more than fried eggs right now but that's moreso because I've consistently overcooked my fried egg's yolk by basting it too long with hot oil :(
Together these three components makes such a comforting supper. Perfect pairing with heart-warming manga.

...

I've also been learning more about cheese now that I'm in this historically cheese producing region (cheddar). Before I go spoil myself with the genuine farmhouse cheddars, I'm liking the cheap supermarket stuff. Snack of the month goes to apple and cheddar slices:


...

Lastly, rare times when I'm drinking green tea, this is a mao feng:


Because tea from friends are always nice ^^

No comments: